Wednesday 21 May 2008

Trinity Sunday

Parish news insert I wrote for Trinity Sunday:

The news this week seems to have only gotten worse. It reinforces what I
mentioned last week that it is absolutely vital that we stand together as
human beings, leaning on each other and offering each other love and
support.
This is backed up by our second reading this Sunday, in which we're told
to agree with one another, to live in peace and the God of love and peace
will be with us.
A poem that I have received a lot of inspiration from this year, is one
written for the Holocaust Memorial Day.

HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
Pledge for National Holocaust Memorial Day 2008
Everyone has a right to be free,
Where there is no freedom for others,
There is no freedom for me.
Everyone has a right to be different,
Where there is no respect for difference,
There can be no respect for me.
There is HOPE for a safer future if I protect liberty,
If I RESPECT others,
Others will RESPECT me.
© Roger Cliffe-Thompson, Liverpool Poet
With warmest blessings,
Andy







No comments:

Post a Comment